SPOILER ALERT!
Around the World in Eighty Days
Around the World in Eighty Days

(A test to be deleted)

To start off this blog, I'm going to use a review of my daughter's when she was 9 years old:

Mr. Fogg bets that he can go around the world in 80 days.  The Reform Club doesn't believe him, so, to make the bet a bit more serious, Mr. Fogg bets 20,000 pounds.  At 32 minutes past seven, Mr. Fogg and his servant, Passepartout, leave to go around the world.

So from London to Suez via Mont Cenis and Brindisi, from Suez to Bombay, from Bombay to Calcutta, etc .........  Along the way they face many delays.  For example, when they are traveling through India, they come across a young lady about to be burned alive.  As you can guess, Mr. Fogg saves her.

Also there has been a bank robbery and many pounds taken.  Mr. Fogg has taken a large sum of money with him on the same day.  Can the faithful, kind Fogg be the robber?!  I won't tell you.

When they arrive back in London, they find out they have arrived a day late!!!  Mr. Fogg is discouraged!  When there is no hope left, Passpartout bounds in the door and exclaims that since they are back in London, the time has changed!  They are a day earlier than they think.  In just the right time, they show up.

This book was very, very good!!  I loved it!  The young lady who Fogg rescued is named Aouda.  At the very end of the book they get married!

A+