I stumbled across The Pre-Printing Press Challenge at All Booked Up via Howling Frog Books (can you tell that I like her blog?). It's rules are reasonably unstructured so I thought it might fit nicely into my year.
The rules of the Pre-Printing Press Challenge:
1. All books must have come out before 1440, when the printing
press was first invented.
2. Books chosen for this challenge can overlap with other
3. Books can be translated into the language of your choice.
4. All the books you've chosen must be read by December 31,
5. You can read 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books or 10 or more
books if you're feeling particularly ambitious.
6. The choice of books is up to you. There are not set reading
lists, and you don't have to set one when you join.
7. Post your blog address where you'll be posting your
comments on your choice of books in the comments of
this post when you join, and tell me how many books
you've chosen. I'll set up a link to participating blogs
8. Above all, have fun!!!
The challenge starts December 1, 2013.
So, remaining list-less (that's me!) I will add my books to the list below as they are read:
1. The Apology (of Socrates) by Plato -- December 12, 2013
I'm so glad that this challenge begins in December so I can get started right away!